We had a lot of progress today. A good friend of mine and I began replacing the roof on the covered bridge yesterday and finished today. Most of the roof was growing moss and a lot was rotted out. Now we have a whole new roof and it’s covered with metal.
I also ripped down four more sections of the trestle with five left to go. I’ll finish ripping down tomorrow and hopefully remove some of the bents and start reconstruction. At this rate, I should have the new trestle finished in a few weeks. I am on vacation until Wednesday and after that it’s on my day off each week until I finish vacation in October. I’ve got to get this railroad running again before we closed down for the winter. Pictures below.