Trestle Rebuild – 01
There was a little bit of rot in my trestle that I wanted to fix. However, after a through inspection of the whole trestle, I decided that it is time for a major rebuild/ restoration. When my father and I built the trestle in 2005, my father convinced me that I should us local rough cut lumber. I gave it a heavy stain, but the weather and the bugs have done a job on it. So beginning today, I began pulling the rail and dismantling it for a major rebuild. The new trestle will use all pressure treated lumber. I will keep the same design, replacing the posts, sills, and caps will remain 4×4’s. In place of the 4×4 stringers that held the ties, I will now use (4) 2×6’s with the 2×4 ties lying flat instead of upright. Sway braces will also be pressure treated 2×4’s. Below is a picture of the completed trestle and a few of the rotes beams and dismantling. I’ll post updated pics as I go along.
Trestle Rebuild – 01 — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>