A while back, I did a post on the maintenance I’ve been doing to my Consolidation. Good news is, it’s almost finished.
This week, I finally got some 18 gauge galvanized steel. The new one is much more sturdy and has more breathing room, which should be good for the fire. I also got to try out my new metal break from Harbor Freight Tools. I picked it up during a recent sale. The thing works great. Just have to get the shop cleaned so I have a permanent space for it. I should put the door on the bottom of the ash pan next week and get my locomotive to Waushakum. Can’t wait to get out there and steam!
First picture is of the old ash pan before I ripped it out and the next is the new, almost complete ash pan.