Consolidation maintenance

About a month ago, I began cleaning up inside the cab area of my Consolidation. I did some repainting and re-piping. Today, I finished and put the cab back on. Along with this, I’ve been working on the cylinder drains. Just waiting for a few fittings to arrive and I’ll get that finished. Next task is to rebuild the ash pan. I actually ripped it out today and began cutting some heavier material for the new one. Here are a few pics.

Look at the back head before.

Look at the back head before.

Look at the back head now.

Look at the back head now.

Look at the back head now.

Look at the back head now.

The worn ash pan.

The worn ash pan.